The challenge you are trying to access is finished and therefore the platform is closed.
If you have any questions at all, please contact the Platform Manager.
1) The Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge is organized by Nutreco (including its subsidiaries and affiliate companies which are part of its group in accordance with article 2:24a Dutch Civil Code) – to be mentioned as “Nutreco”.
2) These terms and conditions may be enforced by Nutreco.
3) Participation can be individual or in a team. The participant or participants (“Participant”) must all be at least 18 years old, or – if younger – provide the prior written consent of their legal representative. A Participant may not submit more than one Application (either on its own or as part of a team).
4) The aim of the Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge is to have Participants submit a solution (the “Application”) to the Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge question: “What is the breakthrough innovation in Feeding the Future that CANNOT wait?”
5) In order to participate in the Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge, the Participant must accept these Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge Terms and Conditions (“Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge Terms”).
6) By accepting the Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge Terms, the Participant declares to be available for the Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge Event.
7) In order to participate the in the Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge, Participants must register to and submit Application through www.nutrecofeedtechchallenge.com. Applications may not exceed 3000 characters.
8) Experts and other persons interested (“The Crowd”) that wish to share their expertise with Participants can also register to www.Nutrecofeedtechchallenge.com.
9) In order to share expertise in the Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge, The Crowd must accept these Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge Terms.
10) The Participant and The Crowd are required to provide accurate, current and complete information when registering to www.Nutrecofeedtechchallenge.com. In order to award the prize, Nutreco may ask the winning Participant to provide proof of its and residence or address.
11) The personal data of Participant and The Crowd will only be used by Nutreco for the purpose of participating in the Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge and other similar events.
12) The Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge is planned and realized by Nutreco to foster new partnerships with startups around the world for the Nutreco brand. The Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge is looking for solutions that have not been in the core business of Nutreco so far. The Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge focuses on three topics (“The Topics”), as further described here below.
a) Nutrition Against Antimicrobial Resistance
b) Feed-to-Farm Efficiency
c) Young Animal Nutrition for Vitality
13) The potential benefits for the Participant are:
a) Validation of Application by experts from Nutreco on www.Nutrecofeedtechchallenge.com
b) Validation of Application by other Participants and The Crowd on www.Nutrecofeedtechchallenge.com
c) Insights in the animal feed and aquaculture industry
14) The Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge consists of three phases:
a) Phase 1: Validation phase
To participate in the Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge, the Participant must submit an Application on www.Nutrecofeedtechchallenge.com. During this phase, Applications will be validated by Participants and The Crowd. Validation phase runs from 13:00 GMT on 29 November 2016 until 00:00 GMT on 17 January 2017
b) Phase 2: Selection phase
During the Selection Phase, Nutreco will select ten semi-finalists to participate in the two-day Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge Event. Selection will be based on the Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge Selection Criteria. Selection phase runs from 00:00 GMT on 17 January 2017t, until 17:00 GMT on 30 January 2017. Participants will be notified of selection no later than 18:00 GMT on 31 January 2017. The Selection Criteria for the Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge are:
o Relevance to The Topics
o Societal Impact (does it impact our society positively?)
o Novelty/ breakthrough level (is it a breakthrough innovation?
o Does it fit Nutreco’s strategic focus areas? (Found via http://www.Nutreco.com/annualreview/content/sustainability-report.pdf )
c) Phase 3: Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge Event
The ten semi-finalists will be invited to the two-day Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge Event. During this Event, a jury (“The Jury”) will select three finalists, and eventually one winner (“The Winning Participant”). Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge Event will take place on 22 and 23 February 2017. Nutreco will cover round trip travel expenses for up to two persons per Participant from a major gateway airport/train station nearest to the residence of Participant to the Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge Event. Nutreco will provide lodging for these two persons from 21 February 2017 until 24 February 2017. Other costs incurred by Participant to participate in the Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge Event will not be reimbursed by Nutreco.
15) Decisions, made by The Jury, are final. No correspondence will be entered into. The composition of the Jury may vary.
16) The Winning Participant of the Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge will be eligible to further validate the Application during a scientific on-farm validation trial, including extensive validation report, organized at one of the Nutreco Research Centres (“The Prize”). The Prize will be sponsored by Nutreco. The Prize cannot be substituted for its monetary value, nor can The Winning Participant derive any rights from it. Nutreco holds the right to change the nature of The Prize at any time without prior notification. Nutreco reserves the right not to award the Prize. Any costs incurred by The Winning Participant by accepting The Prize will not be reimbursed by Nutreco.
17) By accepting these Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge Terms, the Participant agrees that Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge may (i) use the Participant’s name and photo and video images in connection with the publication and promotion of the Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge; (ii) publish the Application submitted by Participant on its Website(s) and/or Nutreco’ and/or Sponsors’ websites, including the name or names and photos of the persons who have developed the Application. The Participant shall cooperate with all reasonable requests to promote the Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge. For cooperation of the Participant in promotional activities no financial compensation will be paid.
18) By entering the Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge, the Participant confirms that, to the best of Participants knowledge, Participant owns all Intellectual Property Rights (“IPRs”) subsisting in Participant’s entry to the Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge and that Participant’s entry does not infringe any third party’s IPRs. Participant is responsible for obtaining any necessary permission from third parties to use their IPRs in Participant’s submission. Nutreco reserves the right to disclose Participant’s identity to any third party claiming material posted or uploaded by Participant to www.Nutrecofeedtechchallenge.com constitutes a violation of their IPRs, or their confidentiality/privacy rights. Nutreco reserves the right to ask for additional evidence or documents to validate that all information Participant supplies is true and complete. Subject to the terms of this clause 18, Nutreco recognizes Participant’s ownership of the IPRs subsisting in Participant’s entry to the Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge.
19) The Participants acknowledge that Nutreco and/or any other Nutreco Group entity may have been or may be working on developing applications or businesses that are similar to the Participants’ Applications. Participants acknowledge that Nutreco and/or those entities are free to make use thereof without being able to make a claim to any of them in this regard.
20) Nutreco may cancel the Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge or vary the Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge Terms at any time at its discretion. Nutreco will post any changes to the Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge Terms on www.Nutrecofeedtechchallenge.com.
21) Nutreco reserves the right to suspend the Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge at any time and to change the form and substance, dates for deadlines and events, locations or specification of the Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge and/or The Prize.
22) All correspondence in connection with the Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge will be done based on the contact information submitted during registration on www.Nutrecofeedtechchallenge.com. Nutreco is not responsible for incomplete or incorrect contact information provided, and the consequences thereof.
23) Nutreco reserves the right to automatically eliminate any Participants and their Applications if they: (i) cheat, alter or invalidate the proper operation and normal development of the Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge according to its rules, or (ii) infringe or fail to comply with any type of regulation, or (iii) violate, infringe or affect any type of rights and liberties, or (iv) engage in any type of practice that may be considered contrary to the spirit of the Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge .
24) Nutreco shall not be held liable for damages of any kind that may be caused by participation in the Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge.
25) Nutreco shall not be held liable for damages of any kind that may be caused by the temporary unavailability or continuity of the operation of the system that enables participation in the Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge .
26) Nutreco shall not be held liable for delays in the mail or in the telecommunications networks with respect to records, submission of data, delivery of Support, and –among others– shall not be held liable for the loss, deterioration, theft or delay of the same.
27) Under no circumstance whatsoever shall Nutreco be responsible for loss, damage, or prejudice of any type that could result from accessing and using the website www.Nutrecofeedtechchallenge.com, including but not limited to, damage caused to computer systems or as a consequence of computer viruses and/or attacks. Furthermore, Nutreco shall not be held liable for any damage that the Participants may sustain as a result of improper use of the above-mentioned website, or for any failure, interruption, absence or defect in telecommunications.
28) The Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Dutch laws. Any dispute arising under the Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Dutch courts. By entering the Nutreco Feed Tech Challenge, Participant and The Crowd agree to submit to the Dutch laws, regardless of country of establishment or residence.